ISTOKI is an endowment foundation, created in 2013 in order to ensure financial stability of charitable organizations and programmes of Dr Vladimir Yakunin, including the St Andrew Foundation.
Mission of the foundation –strengthening the spiritual basis of Russian society, moral education based on Christian Orthodox principles and best examples of Russian history and culture.
As an Executive director of the foundation Katerina was responsible for
- creation of the foundation, development of the transparent corporate governance and donor financial reporting system in accordance with the best Russian and western practices. In 2018 ISTOKI was the first endowment fund that issued the public report and received Forum Donor’s diploma “Quality Standard”;
- building a professional team of 10 experts in the sector;
- developing the fundraising system, within 5 years the fund accumulated more than 900 mln roubles and became the 6th largest endowment fund in Russia;
- Developing a PR concept for ISTOKI brand that became well known in the charity sector of Russia;
- Active participation in charity sector events in Russia and abroad;
- In the framework of Sochi Forum, organised the roundtable “Social investments – time to challenge the principles” with the leading experts of the sector representing RUSAL, Severstal, MTS, Gazprom and others;
- Acting as an invited expert and speaker at the Educational Programme “Strategy of creation and development of endowment funds” at Skolkovo Business School in Moscow;
- Commenting for key sector media, including Kommersant, Vedomosti, Finam, Agency of social information, Philanthropy, Business and Society;
- Organisation of the board meetings;
- Organisation of charity events and auctions with participation of show-business leaders, including Leonid Yakubovich, Valdis Pelsh, Lyubov Kazarnovskaya, Gediminas Taranda, Tina Kuznetsova, others.